It’s Friday and the weekend is upon us, usually that means letting your hair down – a glass of wine (or 3) and perhaps a visit to your favourite takeaway restaurant? Think again! To keep you looking great for your big day and even through to your honeymoon, we spoke to Mike Leng from Unorthodox Nutrition.
Mike has been working with brides and athletes worldwide – from local stars right the way through to UFC fighters, Premiership footballers and world champions to help them achieve their goals efficiently. And you can to!
But where do you start? What factors make some brides more successful than others? Why can some people get in shape easier than others?
There are a lot of factors that can determine the out come of any diet and fitness plan, however the most common is how dedicated the person is and how consistent they are with implementing a smart, well thought out nutrition plan.
Here are some quick tips that can make a massive difference to your plan and how you look on the big day.
- Give yourself enough time. Everyone seems to start a crash diet 4 weeks before the wedding. This is a bad idea! You want to give your self a couple of months so that you can do it nice and slow. This way you can still have treats all the way through the diet (CHOCOLATE!) and still get in great shape.
- Have a plan. There is so much information on the Internet these days its scary. Everything seems to contradict everything else and it all sounds either to good to be true or torturous. The truth is that a sound plan is somewhere in the middle. It allows you to do things at a good pace, is balanced, and doesn’t deprive you of anything.
- Know what to do when you get stuck. There comes a point in any diet where fat loss stalls, the key is knowing what to do when this happens. Normally it is just a little change or tweak that gets things moving again, but it is important to have a plan of what to do (see point 2).
- Have someone to lean on when times get hard and kick your butt when you’re being lazy. Things happen in real life that can hamper any fat loss plan like work, family, personal commitment, kids etc. During times like this it is important to have someone that will help you get through it.
- Figure out how to stay motivated. For some people it is a photo of their honeymoon on the fridge, writing down a list of goals or regular progress photos. It is important to have a way to motivate yourself to keep you on track for that big day. Find out what works best for you and keep it in a place where you will see it regularly (the fridge, mirror of phone backgrounds are popular).
If you have any questions or you would like a little extra help with your plan, please give me a shout on Twitter (@mike_unorthodox) or if you want something a little more private and confidential, please send me a message on the Q&A on the website!