If your in the middle of planning a Winter wedding it may not have crossed your mind yet about how you and your bridal party will stay warm. The wedding dress always has a starring role and to not show it off at every opportunity was always an issue. At one time the only options were a bolero style jacket over a traditional strapless wedding dress. Thankfully those days are gone and bridal is trending all sorts of accessories to make sure the bride is stylish and comfortable.
Top 10 ways to stay warm as a winter bride
- 1. Long sleeved wedding dresses are now a big bridal fashion trend.
- Go for a heavier weight fabric like mikado or brocade.
- Winter brides have a beautiful choice of pairing a wedding skirt with a knitted wedding jumper
- Knitted Shawls or Wraps will provide warmth at your winter wedding. These are great for just wearing outside for great photo ops.
- The wedding leather jacket is a huge bridal trend. Create a sassy bridal look with a hand painted killer wedding jacket.
- Wedding boots are a great way to keep your feet snug, leave those open toe sandals for .
- Consider a hot drinks bar at your reception, hot chocolate, latte and cappuccino are brilliant winter warmers to keep guests happy.
- Cloaks and capes are not just for medieval princesses. Beautiful accessories for the modern bride create a real twist on the traditional.
- Getting the right undergarments will also add an additional layer of warmth to keep winter chills at bay.
- Provide blankets for guests to snuggle up in as the evening progresses. This is essential if your wedding is at an outdoor venue.
Winter Wedding Shawls
Our pick of super stylish knitted winter wraps.
These gorgeous crochet wedding shawls from MODA crochet on Etsy are just the ticket for a winter wedding.
MODA crochet at Etsy