A brilliant roundup of the key things you need to consider when planning an Autumn wedding. From venue considerations, what to wear, lighting and how to make the most of this gorgeous season.
Credit: The Handmade Favour
- Spiced Orange Autumn with a Gothic Blend of Navy
- Perfect Autumn wedding Bouquets
- How to plan a wedding; the ultimate guide
These Autumn wedding tips will guide your wedding planning so you have everything covered when the big day arrives.
Credit: Penelopes Paper Pantry
Autumn Wedding Tips
1. Think about your choice of venue wisely. The chances are the weather will be colder so having more indoor space is going to really help the flow of your wedding. A wedding barn is fine for a sunny day but basically you have one room to circumnavigate all day. For some people that basically means spending 12 hours in the same room, bar popping to the loo or A venue that has other spaces guests can utilise as well as the main suite would be perfect.
2. Autumn has a rich bounty of seasonal flowers from Amaranthus, Delphinium, Sunflowers, Cosmos, Snapdragon, Zinnia, Dahlias and Sedum.
3. Think Rich colours to complement the season Amber, rust and Navy as well as Marigold are all on trend colours right now.
4. Forget chiffon bridesmaids dresses, look for long sleeved maxi dresses or velvet would look amazing.
5. Accessorise your look with a wedding shawl, knitted wrap or an edgy denim jacket. Dressing for the season is not only stylish but will be much more comfortable. Shivering bridesmaids and brides will not make for happy photos
6. Talk to your photographer about lighting and timings. Daylight hours are shorter so making the most of the light for your wedding photos is something to factor in.
7. Provide blankets and warmers for guests so they can enjoy the evening when the weather is cooler.
8. Consider offering warmer drinks options for guests. Hot chocolate stations and coffee and tea bars offer a real cosy vibe to your event.
9. The darker nights mean sparklers, lanterns and twinkly lights would all add a beautiful romantic element to your wedding.
10. Make sure you have second pair of shoes, outdoor photography is still an option even when the ground could be boggy but will ruin those Manolo Blahniks
11. Think about a long sleeved wedding dress or a gown in a heavier fabric for your Autumn wedding. Bridal fashion is so extensive now choices are endless.
12. Warmed alcoholic punches mulled cider and wine are great drinks to serve guests in colder weather.
13. Autumn is all about seasonal comfort food and you can make this a big part of your wedding. Wood fired pizzas or soulful comfort food served in bowls will all go down well in colder weather.
14. Choose a ceremony at Dusk to add more ambience, candles and twinkling lights will create a magical setting.
15. Use natural leaves and twigs to create crafts for kids to do.
16. Pumpkins make great vessels for floral arrangements. This could be a great wedding DIY.
17. Rustic wedding ideas really suit the season. Fruit and leaves could be used as place settings for guests.
18. Jams and preserves really evoke the feeling of harvest and make great wedding favours.
19. Perhaps an open fire and toasting marshmallows