DIY Wedding napkins is the perfect wedding DIY, if your planning on a DIY wedding. Especially where you will be setting up and hosting your own reception. These DIY wedding napkins take minutes to make and will add such a sweet and personal touch to your wedding reception tables. So you have found a fabric you love and want to make napkins with it for your big day.
You will need …
- Chosen fabric
- Sewing Machine
- Measuring Tape
Follow this …
- Iron your chosen fabric to remove any creases – this will make it easier to work with.
- Cut your fabric into pieces, 28cm x 30cm, to make your napkins. This includes a 1cm seam allowance all the way around.
- Fold over the straight edge of your fabric by 0.5cm to lose the raw edge. Then turn again by 0.5cm to remove the raw edge from the inside and create a clean seam.
- Iron this fold flat so it is easier to work with on the machine.
- Place your fabric and turned seam under the sewing machine and stitch down the inside edge of the seam to keep it in place.
- Repeat all around all four edges of the napkin. Fold in half and you have a finished napkin!
Have a go at this awesome DIY – we would love to see what you create. Share your image with us.